Event & Food Vendor FAQs

How do I get started?

You may download the Event & Food vendor application to apply for space at one of our events. Return the application with all of the requested information as soon as possible so that your company can be considered equally among all applicants.  The P40 Network begins assigning vendors to events in May.  If you are applying after May you might be denied due to space constraints or menu/item duplication.

The P40 Network generally only accepts vendors with experience.  References from major event production companies, or similar venues, are usually required.  Exceptions from this requirement are occasionally granted.  The standard tent size is 10' x 10' for retail and for food, but we can accommodate almost any size operation. Commercial trailers, including carnival and marquee styles, are generally accepted except for the Cultural Cook-Off.  Trailer exceptions will be made for other festivals only after notification and review of special circumstances (i.e. Weight, Dimensions, etc.).

How much does it cost?

Costs depend on the duration of the event (from 4 hours up to 3 days), expected attendance (from 500 to 250,000), size of operation (from pushcart to 20' x 20') and products offered for sale.  Upon acceptance, fees start as low as 150.00 for retail and $75.00 plus 10% of sales after taxes for food vendors.  Click here for VENDOR FEES

How many vendors will attend each event?

Exact figures vary for each event depending on attendance.  We do not over sell the event, and try to give each vendor every opportunity to be successful.

How many guest will attend each event?

Attendance estimates are given on the application and are based on previous year's attendance records. This year, we are expecting a few hundred to a thousand people throughout the day. The smells will bring them over!

How do I apply?

Missed the deadline? Great News.. It has been extended to June 15th, 2017! Our sponsorship committee will select the vendors based on quality and variety of products, site appearance, past experience and originality.

Do I have to sign a contract?

An officer of your company must sign a standard lease agreement with the Professionals Under Forty Network.  This lease agreement protects each of us from any legal circumstances that may arise from your company's participation.  The lease agreement is mailed to each vendor approximately four weeks prior to the event and is due upon receipt to The P40 Network prior to the event.  Payment is due with the lease agreement.

Do I need insurance?

Every vendor must carry liability insurance with minimum policy limits of $1,000,000.00 for damage to property.  Insurance must include products liability.  Upon acceptance into an event, the Virginia Beach Field House, Professionals Under Forty Network, their agents, volunteers, officers and employees must be named as additional insurers.  A valid certificate of insurance is due with the lease agreement to The P40 Network within (7) days of the event.

What permits do I need?

Upon acceptance into an event, every vendor needs a license to do business in the City of Virginia Beach.  Contact the Commissioner of Revenue at 757-385-4515 for more information regarding a business license and tax payments.  Upon acceptance, every food vendor must have a temporary food permit on file with the Virginia Beach Health Department.  Contact the Virginia Beach Health Dept. at 757-518-2700 for more information regarding a temporary food permit.  Participation in any event is contingent upon meeting the requirements of these two City of Virginia Beach departments.

Does the p40 network have ice available?

Currently, the P40 Network does not have ice available for purchase but you can bring ice with you, if you'd like. Power limits make it impractical for a food vendor to operate an ice machine on-site.

Do any sponsors have exclusive sales rights?

The P40 Network will attempt to secure sponsors in the soft drink and bottled water categories.  The P40 Network reserves the right to secure and offer exclusive rights to sponsors in any other category.  Upon acceptance into an event, you will be notified of our sponsors' exclusive sales rights and you will be required to purchase only these items if you choose to serve them.

how do I enter the cook-off competition?

Simply fill out the Event & Food Vendor Application and mark the categories that you would like to participate in. Once submitted and approved, your restaurant will be added to the competitor's list given to the celebrity and guest judges. Winners will receive media coverage at the event that includes professional photos that may be used for promotion. Winners will also receive a banner distinguishing them as the 1st Annual Cultural Cook-Off Champion!

Member Login
Welcome, (First Name)!

Forgot? Show
Log In
Enter Member Area
My Profile Not a member? Sign up. Log Out